This job is no longer available
Full Job Description
England Squash would like to appoint a Safeguarding Officer to be part of the England Squash Case Management and Safeguarding Working Groups.
About the role
- Voluntary, approximately 2 days a month
- Location: Home based, with occasional travel for which expenses will be paid
- Interview date: w/c 26th September
- Salary: Voluntary, standard England Squash expenses will be paid for travel, subsistence, phone/internet, postage, printing & stationary required to undertake the Safeguarding Officer role.
Reporting to the Workforce Development Manager, this voluntary role will help implement the England Squash safeguarding action plan, policies and procedures and provide administrative support with particular emphasis on: DBS administration, record keeping, maintaining databases of county and club child welfare officers.
We are looking for a candidate that embodies our brand values of connecting, driving and being adventurous.
If you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position, we would like to hear from you.
- To be a key member of the Safeguarding Working Group, ensuring all safeguarding policies and procedures are up to date, adhered to and are progressed in line with the England Squash Safeguarding Action Plan
- To be a key member of the Case Management Group, to support the decision making process and approach to all reported cases related to the welfare and protection of children. To keep up to date records, monitor and review progress on all cases
- To help administer DBS processes for England Squash coaches and volunteers who have an unclear DBS disclosure
- To help maintain a database of all Club and County Welfare Officers, ensuring training and DBS requirements are up to date
- Help ensure the Safe Squash section of the England Squash website is up to date and fit for purpose
- Support the implementation of the new England Squash Respect campaign
- Help increase communication and support to Club and County Welfare Officers through appropriate correspondence and signposting to relevant information via the England Squash Website
- Help maintain accurate records, databases and provide reports as requested
- Attend CPSU safeguarding training and update sessions as appropriate
- Experience of dealing with coaches, safeguarding or welfare officers
- Experience dealing with safeguarding concerns confidentially and professionally
- An understanding of and, commitment to, safeguarding young people in sport
- Experience of responding positively to requests for information and help by providing factual information
When applying please submit a cover letter with your CV.