This job is no longer available
Full Job Description
Overall Purpose of Job:
The Regional Scottish FA Club Development Manager will be responsible for the overall management, co-ordination and effective implementation of the Club Development aspects of the Central Regional Development Plan. The Club Development Manager will work with the Scottish FA Regional Manager to unite all relevant stakeholders in football to deliver one Long Term Player Development pathway with a specific emphasis on building the capacity and enhancing the quality of clubs by focusing the development of the club structures and supporting the development of the volunteers working in all capacities in the non-professional game.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the integration and co-ordination of local and regional club development initiatives across the Central Region.
- Ensure the integration of club development programmes across key partners and stakeholders.
- Lead and support the delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the Scottish FA Quality Mark accreditation scheme.
- Promote and lead the development of Community Club structures across the Central Region. This will include a focus on developing ‘capacity within clubs’ to increase sustainable participation.
- Develop a programme of support to existing leagues and where possible identify and develop new league structures.
- Lead and promote volunteer development initiatives across the Central Region with particular focus on attracting new volunteers into football.
- To create clear pathways for long-term participation in football, lead the transition and development of participation based initiatives and other school based programmes into established youth clubs, or to support the creation of new clubs.
- Ensure effective and progressive pathways and programmes for players and coaches are established and developed.
- Support, facilitate and ensure the establishment, development and delivery of a coach mentoring programme for coaches and volunteers within key clubs.
- Promote, co-ordinate and deliver Scottish FA Coach Education and development courses for volunteers across the region.
- Identify education and development needs and support the co-ordination of a comprehensive Education and Training Programme for volunteers across the region.
- Support the implementation and development of the Scottish FA talent identification programme ensuring integration with LTPD.
- Ensure effective communication systems are implemented between all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage designated budgets in accordance with the Central Region business plan forecasts.
- Pursue and develop opportunities for accessing additional funding.
- Produce and manage a work programme integral to allocated projects and other work priorities, and report against this as agreed with your line manager.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested from time to time.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of managing projects
- Proven experience in coaching
- Knowledge of football development in Scotland.
- Experience of working in football development
- Experience of partnership working
- Knowledge of the Scottish FA Coach Education Programme
Qualifications & Training
- ‘A’ Licence or
- B’ Licence or
- Youth Licence or
- Advanced Children’s Licence.
- HND/Degree in a sports related area
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, with ability to manage own workload.
- An ability to set and meet deadlines methodically
- Ability to monitor and evaluate programmes/projects, with the ability to provide written reports accordingly.
- An ability to effectively develop relationships and negotiate with partner organisations.
- An ability to be part of and contribute to a team.
- Computer literate with an ability to be administratively self-sufficient.
- An ability to be creative and proactive within development frameworks.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- A commitment to and enthusiasm for the sport of Football.
- An approachable and receptive style with well-honed diplomatic skills.
- A flexible and creative approach to problem solving.Adapts communication and influencing style to enthuse, gain commitment and buy in.
- Resilient and determined to gain results in the face of external and internal challenges.
Additional Related Requirements
- Driving Licence.
- Willingness to work flexibly and unsocial hours with considerable travelling.
- Willingness to undertake continuous professional development.
Competitive Salary and Benefits.
Applications should be sent no later than 25th September 2016, with your salary expectations for the post. Please state the Reference No HR/027 in the subject field of your application email. If you have not been asked for interview by 29th September, please assume that your application will not be taken any further.
Please be aware that CVs will not be accepted.