Full Job Description
The Lord’s Taverners is the UK’s leading youth cricket and disability sports charity.
We exist to enhance the prospects of disadvantaged and disabled young people using cricket and other forms of sport and recreation to engage with them.
The organisation benefits hugely from the support of our members, regional committees, sports governing bodies, corporate partners, volunteers, supporters and fundraisers
Main Purpose of the Role
To be part of a committed, passionate team that provides opportunities to enhance the prospects of disadvantaged and disabled young people using cricket and other forms of sport and recreation to engage with them.
The regions form an important part of our organisation, not only fundraising for our charitable causes, but also creating awareness, supporting our programmes through volunteering, and increasing membership. The position would include being part of the Senior Management Team.
Working with the Senior Management Team, Chairman of Lord’s Taverners regions, Head of Lady Taverners Development, and others to:
- Actively support Regional Chairmen in developing their strategy for fundraising, member engagement, and developing local corporate partnerships;
- Work with Regional Chairmen and Head Office team on implementing the strategy, once developed, for each region;
- In partnership with the Regional Chairmen, identify the best resources from Membership, Committees, and Head Office to work with them in delivering those strategies across the country;
- Manage and expand the regional support executive network;
- Attending selected Regional Committee Meetings and events
- Support the regions team in the organisation of the annual ‘development’ conference for regional chairmen and key volunteers
- Support sourcing of celebrities and other personalities
- Secure auction and other prizes for regional events in conjunction with fundraising and events team
We are looking for successful candidates to be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
- Previous experience within a sponsorship or sales environment;
- Good strategic and commercial approach;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Experience of managing volunteers or stakeholders;
- Be results driven;
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office, experience with SAP Business One and InDesign preferred but not essential;
- Be a self starter;
- Knowledge of the third sector and sporting landscapes is helpful, but commercial experience and acumen are also valued;
- Prepared to manage multiple projects concurrently and ‘muck in’ at events and other activities when required, often outside of contracted working hours
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Closing date for applications is Friday October 7th, 2016.
Please submit your CV with a covering letter.