Customer Support Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement, Events & Operations, Admin, Event Planning & Competition Management, Venue Management & Spectator Services|
Responsible for leading and managing a customer support function and team which maintains, uses and supports ECBs central business systems and users.
- Maintain and improve the business processes, systems, tools and services the ECB uses and provides to the cricket network, ensuring that they are available, reliable, compliant and fit for purpose.
- Use the business systems to carry out ECB day to day business including membership services, the fulfilment of training, generation of management information and reporting, gather insight and feedback and deliver proactive campaigns and other activity to further our business aims.
- Support customers and users of the systems, providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support. Plan for future workloads and needs and respond.
- Lead a team which manages, uses and supports the provision of business systems and customer services, transforming the way that the ECB supports it customers through continuous business process improvement.
The team will support:
- ECB Education and Training including face to face, e and digital learning solutions
- ECB Membership processing and payments
- Support tools for Clubs, Leagues, Coaches, Officials and volunteers
- Twelfthman membership and campaign activity
- Support for ECB & County Cricket Board business systems
- ECB events, campaigns, data management and insight generation
This role requires:
- Providing leadership, management, support and development of the team and the line management of individuals within it.
- Drive business change to improve the overall operational effectiveness and efficiency of ECB business processes and systems.
- Strategically plan for system and customer service provision and continuous improvement.
- Define operational key performance indicators (KPIs) and develop metrics for improvement.
- Ensure that all systems are working, available and reliable, with effective maintenance and improvement plans in place Manage and work with ECB Information Technology (ECB IT) to develop interfaces to other systems such as eLearning, and other partner and ECB systems / 3rd party relationships and agreements.
- Work with colleagues to bring on line new systems, tools and practices, inputting into the design and leading on the internal readiness and support planning and resourcing.
- Communicate and engage actively with colleagues and partners to help understand, needs, improvements and future plans.
- Ensure that all activities are legal and compliant, including with ECB and data protection and finance policies
- Oversee all central management of course administration and fulfilment from production to certification including, resource production, compliance, data management, stock, communication and customer services.
- Reporting, data, management information, insight, campaign activity
- Oversee the processing of all Membership applications and renewals including Direct Debits, cheques and Card payments.
- Proactively plan and allocate resources for current and predicted activity and support, Education and Membership activities and events and identify peaks and troughs to allow scheduling of ad hoc projects and resources.
- Manage the reporting, data & financial management and quality and compliance processes.
- Manage the ECB databases
- Oversee the central management and provision of all customer and network user 1st, 2nd and 3rd tier support for all Business system
- Proactively provide users with appropriate training and support
- Production of process manuals and training for internal and external staff and users.
- Produce and help co-ordinate all Membership & Education Key Performance Indicator analysis and communication.
- Undertake special projects as and when required by the team.
- Head of IT
- Head of Customer Marketing and Systems
- Business Systems Manager
- Systems and Customer Service Team
- Business Systems and Data Manager
- ECB Finance Team
- Play Cricket Help Desk
- County Cricket Board staff
- Suppliers and other delivery system partners
- Internal managers and colleagues
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of lean six sigma or equivalent business process improvement methodologies
- Experience of servicing customers in a multi-channel environment (including digital)
- Use of CRM platforms and customer service tools and technologies
- Excellent IT Skills (including Microsoft Office , PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Experience of using and managing databases
- Experience of managing customer service teams
- Gathering and using insight and use of analytical skills to inform and plan for and implement improvements to the customer experience
- Proven administrative, customer, project management and organisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Forward planning, initiative, prioritisation and delegation
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop relationships widely, internally and with key partners
- A desire to want to be the best at what you and we do and a commitment to personal development.
- Enthusiasm for sport especially Cricket
- Achieved or the ability to achieve formal Business, Administration, Customer service or Data qualifications.
- The role will initially manage a team of five with the potential to expand the team.
England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the governing body for all cricket in England and Wales. ECB provides support for the game far beyond the boundaries of just international and first class cricket.