|Location||Sha Tin, Hong Kong|
|Sector||Clubs & Teams|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Events & Operations|
Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world-class horse racing operator. A top charitable organisation and Hong Kong's largest community contributor, donating HK$3.87 billion in 2014/15. A major taxpayer, Hong Kong's largest single by far, generating a record HK$20.05 billion in 2014/15 for public funds. A pioneer in technology application for sporting and betting entertainment, striving for the highest levels of customer service. A club recognised as one of Asia's most prestigious. This is The Hong Kong Jockey Club, a truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.
A team of farriers based within the Department of Veterinary Clinical Services at Sha Tin race course and Beas River Equestrian Centre provides dedicated farriery care to 1200 thoroughbred race horses and 750 equestrian horses within the Club. We invite applicants for the position of Senior Farrier.
- Provide dedicated support to our Master Equestrian Farrier at Beas River Equestrian Centre and public riding schools.
- Provide support when required at Sha Tin working with racing thoroughbreds.
- Provide assistance and support to local farriers with challenging cases.
- Assist in the teaching of apprentices and help to develop skills of other farriers.
- Provide administrative support for stock management and control.
- Provide professional advice and support to our dedicated team of veterinary surgeons.
- Assist Master Equestrian Farrier in the reaccreditation of the Farrier Apprenticeship Programme.
You should have:
- A minimum of four years’ as a qualified farrier with experience in shoeing equestrian and thoroughbred race horses.
- Experience in therapeutic shoeing and resolving troublesome foot cases.
- A high standard of shoeing and shoemaking skills.
- Excellent anatomical knowledge of the horse (Preferably Latin)
- Enthusiasm to develop your own skills to progress within the club.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Effective administrative skills and a degree of computer literacy.
- Self-motivation and be able to work as an individual and within a team.
- An open-mind about teaching and be enthusiastic.
- A full, clean driving license.
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Closing date for applications is 15 November 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world leading horse racing organisation. A truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.