|Sector||Leisure & Health, Venues & Suppliers|
|Function||Events & Operations|
Position: Operations Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, 5 over 7 days.
Closing Date: 9th October 2016
Doncaster Racecourse is seeking a driven Operations Manager to work within the existing Operations team. As the business continues to grow – you’ll grow with it. Not only is Doncaster Racecourse a great company to work for – it’s a great time to get on board!
The successful candidate will be proactive, accurate and highly motivated with a positive attitude towards work. The candidate should also possess significant experience working in a similar role, ideally within the Racecourse, Sport, Hotel or Leisure Industry.
The main purpose of this role is to manage the operational elements of racing and non-racing events and ensure they run efficiently and safely. The Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring the site is consistently presented and maintained to a high standard through management of the maintenance and cleaning teams. Working closely with the Executive Director in undertaking site developments and will take the lead on all matters regarding Health and Safety.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Racecourse, Sport, Leisure or hotel background would be an advantage.
- Business or Event qualification would be an advantage
- Prince 2 or equivalent Project Management qualification would be an advantage
- Computer literate
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Logical approach to tasks
- Excellent approach towards time management
- Works well under pressure.
- Customer service focused (internal and external).
- Organised, systematic and process driven
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.
How to Apply:
Please send a full CV together with a covering letter detailing where you saw the position advertised and current salary for the attention of Holli Grayshan (HR) using the apply now link below.
Arena Racing Company
Arena Racing Company (“ARC”) is the largest racecourse operator in the UK with its racecourses hosting racing on over 300 days a year.