This job is no longer available
Full Job Description
The International Cricket Council (“ICC”) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket.
We are currently looking for a Digital Products Manager for the Commercial department, based at our headquarters in Dubai, UAE. The role will report to the Head of Media Rights, Broadcast and Digital and will be responsible for the development and implementation of all ICC’s digital products including its website icc-cricket.com, its mobile apps and suite of activations that sit on ICC digital platforms, providing technical expertise, innovative direction, and best in class processes that ensure product excellence and integration in line with the ICC’s digital strategy.
Responsibilities of the Digital Products Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Head of Media Rights, Broadcast & Digital with:
- Developing a strategic roadmap for all existing and potential future products;
- The management of all product related vendors;
- The management of the digital product budgets.
- Work with the key stakeholders to set appropriate KPIs for all digital products;
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the organisation – Sponsorship, Marketing, Events, Media & Communications, Development and Legal to understand and translate their needs into the right product development initiatives;
- Manage vendors, ensuring projects milestones and deadlines are achieved within budget and on time;
- Oversee creation of wireframes, user journeys and product specifications;
- Liaise with the Digital & Social Media Manager to advise on the best possible integration of branded content, editorial content and social output across the website, mobile, and native applications;
- Collaborate with the Digital & Social Media Manager and possibly external research agencies to research user base and provide insight into content and product enhancement opportunities;
- Work alongside the Sponsorship team to ensure any necessary brand digital integrations are planned and executed in line with agreed activations;
- Responsible for evolution and continuous development of all ICC digital products, including enhancements and bug-fix priorities;
- Identify and prioritise future platforms on which to develop and deploy;
- Provide industry best practice advice to digital team on digital design and website, mobile and app development advances;
- Maintaining an awareness of the wider digital, sports and technology industries in order to identify and adapt to emerging trends, ensuring best in class digital products.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- At least 6+ years working in a digital product environment;
- Demonstrable management of delivering complex website design and build projects;
- Experience of delivering global app builds across a range of mobile operating systems;
- Experience in implementing data API’s into websites and native apps;
- Experience managing third party vendors across overlapping website and app development projects against competing timescales and priorities;
- Experience working in an agile / scrum environment;
- Previous experience of defining product, marketing or commercial strategies, having sole responsibility for briefing vendors and having end to end product/campaign management accountability;
- Previous experience of implementing digital change across a complex organization;
- Previous experience of ensuring product integrations with user activations;
- Previous experience of integrating brand into a digital product;
- Good understanding of the UI / UX best practices and how to incorporate into a development roadmap;
- Ability to develop commercial business cases, outlining revenue benefits (where appropriate) attributed to a new product or business change and have experience of working with the Marketing Team and inputting into the brand and marketing teams;
- Prior use of user testing and QA;
- Use of social media channels and ability to identify implementation opportunities;
- Previous use of video hosting and distribution solutions is beneficial;
- Ability to interpret technical progress into clear terminology to be able to present to a team of non-technical stakeholders;
- Proven at influencing senior management and executive levels;
- Understanding of cricket and unique nature of sport is desirable;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Motivated and enthusiastic attitude;
- Good team player with a flexible approach.
Conditions of employment
- The position is based in Dubai and will report to the Head of Media Rights, Broadcast and Digital;
- The selected candidate will be required to provide two recent work references; and
- Compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV with a covering letter detailing your current salary and benefits and expectations.
The last date of responding to this advert is 17 September 2016. Due to the overwhelming number of quality applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.