|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement, Legal|
As our group dynamically continues to grow, an opportunity has arisen for a talented lawyer to join and support the sportsman media group's growing legal team. This role sits within the Sportsman media group entity of the Sportradar group.
- Drafting and negotiating various licensing agreements concerning media exploitation rights to sports events, e.g. within the area of football, basketball, motor sports, volleyball
- Prepare the final execution of agreements (internal and external communication)
- Examine, adjust and supplement existing agreements (such as copyright related licensing agreements)
- Elaborate and provide legal opinions, particularly relating to copyright and media law and the regulatory framework related to the same
- Coordination of the cooperation between the commercial departments and external legal advisors
- Administrative and other project tasks within the area of licensing
- German or Swiss qualified lawyer (or any comparable legal degree) with at least satisfactory results (“befriedigend”)
- Bright and ambitious media and contract lawyer with a corresponding strong academic background or alternatively with 2-3 PQE in said legal area
- Fluent in English is a must (written and spoken) – any additional language considered as a plus
- Strong affinity to sports, media and new technologies
- Strong proficiency in all MS Office products
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative team player with the confidence and integrity to earn internal team confidence quickly
- Ability to work independently
- Creative thinker, keen to further refine systems and processes
- Committed to upholding the highest professional work standards and ethics
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities as well as product environments and able to work to tight deadlines
- Willing to learn new technologies and able to thrive in a fast-paced and international environment
- Positive, can-do attitude; diplomacy and approachability
What you can expect from us:
- You’ll be surrounded by enthusiastic, sports media & betting industry experts
- Modern and challenging working environment
- The strength and security of an internationally expanding media group
- Excellent working climate in a motivated international team
Sportradar is a global leader in understanding and leveraging the power of sports data and digital content for clients around the world. Within the Sportradar Group, the Sportsman Media Group GmbH drive sports rights, sports marketing and various sponsor projects to support Sportradar providing cutting-edge solutions and services to media companies, bookmakers, sports federations and state authorities.
The Sportradar Group is a truly international business employing over 1,300 people in more than 30 locations around the world. Our rapid growth has been driven by technological innovation alongside an understanding of our clients’ business needs. It is our commitment to excellent service, quality and reliability that makes us the trusted partner of more than 800 companies in over 80 countries.
The Sportsman entity are engaged in numerous prestigious projects such as the marketing and distribution of media broadcasting rights to the German Football Bundesliga, the Spanish Football League, the European Volleyball Champions League, the FIA WRC and many more. Furthermore, the sportsman media group consults rights holders, such as federations, clubs, broadcasters, other entities and individuals in trading their rights.
If you think you’re up to the challenge, come and help us to grow, innovate and develop!
How to Apply:
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter with attention to the Director of HR quoting the jobID DE-20160914-LC.
Sportradar is the world’s leading supplier of sports and betting-related data.