This job is no longer available
Full Job Description
FIH is seeking to appoint a motivated Sport Services Co-ordinator with experience in the areas of sport education, anti-doping and medical to be an integral part of delivering on the strategic objectives of the FIH’s Hockey Revolution.
The successful applicant will be part of the Sport Department, reports to the Academy & Education Manager and the Sport & Development Director.
The Sport Department of the FIH is responsible for all aspects of the running of the sport: defining the rules and competition regulations, managing the sporting aspects of our world-level competitions including the appointment of umpires and officials, overseeing equipment and pitch design, liaison with National Associations, linkages to medical, anti-doping, high performance and coaching panels as well as for overseeing the development of the game globally via the FIH Academy.
The FIH has 135 member National Associations and enjoys a strong profile and following in many countries around the world. There is a clear opportunity now to build upon this exposure and seek to grow the game globally through targeted development work. In 2014, FIH launched its dynamic 10-year strategy under the banner of “Hockey Revolution”. This is a strategy to grow the game globally through developing innovative and exciting events, increasing professionalism in the sport, building a recognised powerful image for hockey and generating millions of more followers around the world. In April this year the new events portfolio was accepted and focus for the next three years will be on implementing this new portfolio.
The candidate for this role should be committed, organised, be able to demonstrate thoroughness and a high attention to detail in previous roles. They should have solid project management skills and a sound understanding of technology. This needs to be underpinned by an ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders and the requirement to maintain a flexible approach to working on new projects.
The role is a full time position based in Lausanne, Switzerland and may require a degree of travel depending on the nature of the project. The start date for the successful candidate will be 2nd January 2017.
The Sport Services Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Be the lead point of contact on specific projects and workstreams as defined by the Sport & Development Director.
- FIH Hockey Academy, in collaboration with the Academy & Education Manager:
- Implement global plan for the Academy
- Liaise with Continental Federations and National Associations over the regional/local delivery of the plan
- Assist with the design and delivery of Academy products and services
- Work closely with FIH global education partners to deliver programmes
- Co-ordinate Out of Competition (OOC) Registered Testing Pool testing and collection of team whereabouts
- Establish intelligent Test Distribution Plan
- Coordinate and supervise implementation of in-competition testing
- Oversee elements including: enter Doping Control Forms, follow up Adverse Analytical Findings, process Therapeutic Use Exemptions, deliver Minimum Levels of Analysis and Technical Document for Sport Specific Analysis.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with WADA Code, International Standards and Technical Documents.
- Coordinate all medical related topics with Medical Panel
- Organise successful Medical Panel meetings and track follow-up points
- Liaise with appointed FIH Committees as required.
- Work with designated Advisory Panels as required.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Sport & Development Director.
- Committed and enthusiastic individual.
- Organised and detailed approach to work.
- Keen to specialise in specific areas.
- Manage and prioritise multiple workloads.
- Solid project management skills.
- Understanding of technology systems.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Effective engagement of stakeholders.
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- Background in sport essential, preferably hockey.
- Background in the delivery of educational products and services desirable.
- Fluency in English essential with other languages considered an advantage.
Please send CVs by 29th September 2016.
The FIH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for the position will be contacted.