Planning Manager – Production
|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Production & Design, Strategy & Research, Planning & Strategy|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
Believing in better has helped us become a thriving FTSE 100 company. We’ve developed amazing products and services and delivered exceptional entertainment to over 11 million households across the UK and Ireland. Our success is largely thanks to the dedicated people that work here. Join us as a Planning Manager in Production and you’ll be part of the team that continually delivers brilliant results, the right way.
Sky Sports has changed the face of sport in the UK over the last 24 years and has dramatically expanded the quantity, quality, depth and variety of top-class live sport on TV. We’re proud to be a company of firsts, and Sky Sports has had a major impact on how sport is covered on TV, pioneering new techniques such as HD, 3D, interactivity, steadi-cam and super-slo-mo which are now industry standard. Through our experts and support programmes, we’ve brought a new level of commentary and analysis, enhancing understanding and enjoyment. Every production offers new technologies and constantly evolving techniques.
As a valued member of Sky, you’ll benefit from an excellent pension scheme and 25 days paid annual leave.
The planning manager will head up the implementation & training of a new planning system. They will work with the design team and wider areas of the business to create a system that works across content and focus on ensuring delivery of an end product that is fit for purpose for use across sports production. The role will require an applicant who is technically adept in system design processes.
- Ability to work with production, operations & implementation team colleagues to understand and filter requirements
- Understanding of content production process
- Ability to decipher end-to-end production workflows, to include linear and digital in order to aid the planning process
- Proven experience of stakeholder management with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Willingness to be fully involved in the development and build of a new system, whilst managing the requirements of sport production of the system
- Ability to translate production requirements into a data structure
- Experience in running complex organisational projects is preferred
- Understanding of a systems development lifecycle model in ensuring success in project delivery
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with diverse groups across the business & externally
- Comfortable with implementation of a training programme for colleagues from a superuser perspective
- Awareness of resource management processes, practices, systems and working time regulations
- Interest in and curious about new systems set-up, configuration, testing and implementation
- Ability to adapt and effect change in varying disciplines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT knowledge & understanding is a pre-requisite
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in Better
Across our business, whether in front of the camera or behind the scenes, we’re working really hard to deliver brilliant entertainment, products and services to our customers.