|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Production & Design, Product Design & Development|
Believing in better has helped us become a thriving FTSE 100 company. We’ve developed amazing products and services and delivered exceptional entertainment to over 11 million households across the UK and Ireland. Our success is largely thanks to the dedicated people that work here. Join us as a Senior Designer and you’ll be part of the team that continually delivers brilliant results, the right way.
Sky Creative is an in-house creative and production resource supporting business areas across the whole company. Our vision is to help the rest of Sky showcase the best of Sky. Our creative should always be of the highest standard and the way we do business should mean that our clients love working with us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our growing Sports News HQ design team.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky+HD premium package, an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.
The role of Senior Designer will be to provide leadership as well as inventive, inspiring and creatively excellent design solutions for Sky Sports New HQ live daily output and longer-term based projects.
- Ability to generate the highest quality creative
- Experience across all aspects of the output – 2D and 3D
- Desire and presence to motivate and inspire team members
- Able to lead and direct a team of designers
- Experience of and the ability to manage full project delivery
- Able to analyse a brief quickly and generate to tight deadlines
- Excellent technical and software knowledge and ability to solve both software and hardware problems
- A mature and calm attitude
- Ability to pitch and present to the highest levels of the business
- A broad understanding of the requirements and pressures of the business
- A strong understanding of editorial relevance and a passion for sport
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of current production tools and equipment along with knowledge of software packages including After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and C4D is essential
- Comprehensive knowledge of a broad range of sports
- Maintain an up to do date understanding of Sky Sports News headlines and stories
The successful applicant will demonstrate a passion for design excellence, think bigger and commit to the very best standards. You should be able to lead and advise teams whilst contributing to the development of a common vision and inspire others to take part in it. You will need to have a relevant design/creative qualification and preferably a background working within a live broadcast design environment with awareness of technical and legal requirements within the broadcast industry. You must be a flexible, self-confident individual with a broad interest and awareness of art, design and moving image along with having a love of sport.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in Better
Across our business, whether in front of the camera or behind the scenes, we’re working really hard to deliver brilliant entertainment, products and services to our customers.