|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Production & Design|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
Believing in better has helped us become a thriving FTSE 100 company. We’ve developed amazing products and services and delivered exceptional entertainment to over 11 million households across the UK and Ireland. Our success is largely thanks to the dedicated people that work here. Join us as a Production Manager and you’ll be part of the team that continually delivers brilliant results, the right way.
Sky Sports has changed the face of sport in the UK over the last 24 years and has dramatically expanded the quantity, quality, depth and variety of top-class live sport on TV. We’re proud to be a company of firsts, and Sky Sports has had a major impact on how sport is covered on TV, pioneering new techniques such as HD, 3D, interactivity, steadi-cam and super-slo-mo which are now industry standard. Through our experts and support programmes, we’ve brought a new level of commentary and analysis, enhancing understanding and enjoyment. Every production offers new technologies and constantly evolving techniques.
As a valued member of Sky, you’ll benefit from an excellent pension scheme and 25 days paid annual leave.
We are now looking to build on the success of Sky Sports as we approach a new era in broadcasting across our platforms and are looking to find a production manager to work on programming & production within Sky Studios in Osterley.
- Production management of new, as well as existing projects, following brief and working to budget
- Ability to create, maintain & track multiple large scale production budgets.
- Supervise and manage significant production and departmental budgets
- Assist and support with ad hoc projects & initiatives
- Liaise closely with Sky Production Services Account Management team on provision of facilities and resources to production, both day to day and on a seasonal scale
- Liaise with third parties including production and facilities partners, content providers, audience handlers
- Occasional travel to outside broadcasts or site visits as and when required
- Sky Sports is a 24/7 production environment and weekend work will be required
- Help drive efficiencies across Sports through production workflow improvements and implementation of new working practices
- Experience working as Production Manager or Senior Production Co-ordinator within a content production environment
- Experience managing significant budgets
- Knowledge and experience of demand & supply planning
- Understanding of Health and Safety requirements, particularly from a production studios perspective
- Experience of studio production, gallery systems and workflows
- Detailed knowledge of the end-to-end production workflows, to include linear and digital
- Understanding of sports production and nature of swift turnaround workflows
- Ability to adapt and effect change in varying disciplines
- Proven people management skills
- Attention to detail & the ability to multi-task
- Excellent PC skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with bookings & planning systems is desirable
- Good logistics and planning ability
- Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in Better
Across our business, whether in front of the camera or behind the scenes, we’re working really hard to deliver brilliant entertainment, products and services to our customers.