Venue Operations Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations, Venue Management & Spectator Services|
The Rugby Football Union (RFU) is seeking an experienced Venue Operations Manager to manage and improve venue wide operations and site services, supporting the commercial, rugby and business operational objectives of the business. Based within the Venue Facilities team, this position reports into the Head of Venue Facilities and carries responsibility for the management of the Venue Operations supervisors and their teams and the Rugby House concierge team.
You will develop and implement an integrated and coordinated venue wide operations plan, for event and non event days, incorporating the interests of all stakeholders and venue users and work collaboratively with other members of the Venue Facilities Management team.
The Venue Operations Manager will:
- Provide venue operations support to the Events department in delivering world class events at the venue, including major sporting fixtures
- Provide input into the Venue Facilities department management team and ensure the department’s delivery is co-ordinated and efficient across all functions
- Ensure that the business remains compliant with security legislation and its own security and safety policies
- Manage the day to day operation of the Venue Operations team ensuring that all staff are competently trained and motivated and deliver high standards of customer service and operate to agreed performance standards
- Ensure that the security, customer service and car parking requirements of non-event day activities are well coordinated and professionally delivered
- Continually seek ways to improve the venue operation and the reputation of the venue
- Deliver a flexible and customer service driven team that is motivated by a desire for continuous improvement and exceeding expectations
- Encourage continuous professional development across the department and identify relevant training and resources
- Manage the Venue Operations team event day roles and responsibilities and ensure there are always sufficient resources to fulfill the positions.
- Assist in creating an environment within which staff from all departments work in a collaborative and constructive way in order to achieve the highest operational standards on event days
- Manage the department’s budget within the agreed parameters
- Work closely with the Technical Services, Health and Safety and Sustainability managers pre, during and post event to ensure a co-ordinated approach and delivery of all facilities services.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and proven experience of managing site operational services and security management legislation. You will have a proven experience of leading a large team of direct and indirect reports effectively. You will also be able to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders and business partners at a senior level.
Previous operational experience at a large scale events venue would be a major advantage.
Project management skills and the ability to manage and deliver projects from conception through to operation with the management of contracts and budgets is essential.
We are looking for someone who has credible management experience in a similar role within a high profile venue or multi use complex.
You will be required to work extended hours during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends so you must be able to demonstrate a thorough and flexible approach.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, please attach a covering letter, your CV and salary expectations.
Closing date for applications is Monday 26th September 2016
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 4th October 2016
Rugby Football Union (RFU)
The Rugby Football Union is the national governing body for grassroots and elite rugby in England, with 1,900 autonomous rugby clubs in its membership.The clubs are grouped within 35 Constituent Bodies (CBs), comprised of counties - some individual,