|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
Octagon is currently seeking an exceptional candidate for an Account Executive role, to be based in our London office. This role will assist the account team responsible for activating a client’s European sponsorship portfolio and we’re looking for candidates who are highly detail orientated, possess solid account management skills and have a passion for Marketing and Sponsorship.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a candidate who loves sport and is passionate about what we do.
SPECIFICS…WHO WE WANT
Client Management Skills
- ‘Client First’ is our highest value at Octagon so it’s essential to be highly motivated and enthusiastic, have an easy but confident manner with clients and a natural desire to deliver all work to an exceptional standard.
- The Account Executive should possess great attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and very good communication skills.
- You should have experience within a similar agency role.
- We want to hire someone who is passionate about Marketing and Sponsorship and comes with experience in the Sports Marketing industry.
- You should be passionate about being creative. At Octagon we are always looking for new and creative ways of communicating to fans and would expect the Account Executive to bring their own ideas to the account.
Project Management skills
- As above, you are highly organised with strong time management skills and a strong communicator both written and verbally.
- The AE will be expected to support the account team with the writing of key client documents such as status/activity reports, tracking documents, ticketing, budgeting, agendas and finance tracking, programme timelines, data entry and wrap up reports.
- Strong Power Point Skills, Excel and Outlook and confidence to present both internally and externally.
- Build, write and present Power Point Presentations, internally and externally.
- Budget management support, ensuring client budgets are well managed, tracked, reconciled and invoiced on time.
- Core event management experience.
- Experience with Sponsorship, Brand Experience, Sports Marketing or a related agency role.
- Strong understanding of social media.
- Self-starter, will take initiative with new projects.
- Results and client focused.
- Works well under pressure.
- Team player – you understand the importance of teamwork.
Octagon is a global leader in sports and entertainment marketing. How did we get there? One word: Passion. We live it, study it, believe in it, and connect brands and consumers to it. While sports are a major part of what we do, we realise there’s more than one passion point. Entertainment, pop culture, music, and culinary are also big areas of passion where we have major expertise.
Our client roster is jam packed with blue chip brands across almost every category -- MasterCard, Mars, Foot Locker, The North Face, AIG, Budweiser, Stella Artois, and Siemens. And we work across every major sports property. That means tapping into hugely powerful properties like The Olympics, FIFA World Cup, Rugby World Cup, the Euros, The Premier League, The Open Championship, Wimbledon, and the NZ All Blacks.
Even if you don’t know us, you probably know some of our work. We’re the agency that launched the world’s first festival of exploration for The North Face; turned the World Oval for MasterCard for #44Days of Crazy; bought an island for XXXX beer as a demonstration of the good life; worked with Stella Artois to make Rufus a rockstar at Wimbledon; and let fans go toe-to-toe with the All Blacks through a virtual reality Haka360.
To apply for this role, please send us a copy of your CV
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, lifestyle marketing and talent representation agency of the Interpublic Group.