Asset Manager, Tickets & Hospitality
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Events & Operations, Ticketing, Hospitality & Protocol|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
Octagon is looking for a significantly experienced Asset Manager to join a dynamic team, working with a major FIFA Sponsor. The candidate must have relevant experience including creation and delivery of ticketing programmes for major brands.
The Asset Manager will be responsible for all tangible assets relating to our client’s FIFA sponsorship – including but not limited to management of tickets, hospitality and parking passes and accreditation for both the FIFA Confederations Cup and FIFA World Cup taking place in Russia over the next 2 years.
The Asset Manager will ensure the strategic, operational and commercial effectiveness of all assets enabling us to deliver a ‘best in class’ sponsorship practice.
In the lead up to both major events, the Asset Manager will be responsible for creating and delivering a robust online system to be used on a global basis by all our clients’ international markets. The system will need to be both an advanced ordering portal to request assets and include secure functionality to process international payments, guest invitation and guest registration. The online system is part of a central communications piece we deliver to our client to enable them to maximise and track their sponsorship assets.
- The delivery of large ticketing programmes from allocation through to delivery, reporting & financials
- Drive strategic and tactical best practice in asset management to ensure that our processes, systems and people deliver excellence for our clients
- Creation and ongoing management of bespoke online portal to manage all our clients tangible assets
- Management of all event time accreditation requirements
- Manage junior members of the team including facilitating regular check-ins, team meetings and mechanisms for tracking their progress and performance, as relates to team goals and strategy
- Collaborate with the Senior Management Team in pitch and proposal development
- To be the lead point of contact with stakeholders in regards to any tangible assets related enquiries
- Strong stakeholder management both internally and with third party suppliers
Skills & Experience Required
- Relevant experience at within sports & entertainment marketing working with large global sponsors
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior clients obtaining their absolute trust and confidence
- Proven experience of managing large logistically complex ticketing programmes within a fast paced, often sleep deprived, major events environment
- Experience in briefing and managing bespoke online data base systems
- Ticketing systems experience - working with both in-house and 3rd party online ticketing systems
- Experience of managing a secure ticketing facility, ideally in an international environment
- Fluent in rights holder terminology, rules and guidelines and familiar with right holder systems (such as FIFA’s TIMS system)
- Highly proficient in excel including the creation of data reports including asset allocation and usage
- Excellent project management skills and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Willing and able to travel when required including internationally based for extended periods of time during the event
Octagon is part of IPG. We’re 800 strong across the globe. The leader in sports and entertainment marketing. The proof: In 2016, we won sports agency of the year from the UK Sponsorship Awards. How did we get there? One word: Passion. We live it, study it, believe in it, and connect brands and consumers to it. While sports are a major part of what we do, we realise there’s more than one passion point. Entertainment, pop culture, music, and culinary are also big areas of passion where we have major expertise.
Our client roster is jam packed with blue chip brands across almost every category -- MasterCard, Mars, Foot Locker, The North Face, AIG, Budweiser, Stella Artois, and Siemens. And we work across every major sports property. That means tapping into hugely powerful properties like The Olympics, FIFA World Cup, Rugby World Cup, the Euros, The Premier League, The Open Championship, Wimbledon, and the NZ All Blacks.
Even if you don’t know us, you probably know some of our work. We’re the agency that launched the world’s first festival of exploration for The North Face. We helped turn the world oval for MasterCard during 44 Days of Crazy. We bought an island for XXXX beer and even worked with Stella Artois to help make Rufus a Wimbledon rockstar. We let fans go toe-to-toe with the All Blacks through a virtual reality Haka360. We had the most World Cup clients in Brazil (with 6) and ran two campaigns for Euro 2016 sponsors.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you email your CV and cover letter.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, lifestyle marketing and talent representation agency of the Interpublic Group.