Marketing Intern (Germany, Switzerland, Austria)
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
The sports industry and the role of digital
The sports industry is now a truly global business and is not only one of the most exciting and rapidly growing but also one of the most competitive. For sports organisations looking to sustain or accelerate their growth in both their local and international markets some (but not all!) already recognise the need to build a strong digital presence on a specialist platform to attract and engage a much wider and greater quality and diversity of talent both from within and outside of the industry.
For those in the know it is widely accepted that the traditional recruitment agency model no longer serves this need and is being replaced by a more cost-effective, more immediate and more far-reaching solution delivered through digital.
GlobalSportsJobs, despite the name, is not a recruitment company nor does it wish to be one, we did however set out to build a digital media and talent platform for the industry which would allow sports organisations around the world to create a digital presence and employment brand through our platforms to engage directly with an audience of professionals already working in the industry and an ever growing audience of those outside the industry, with the necessary skill sets, wishing to build a career in the industry.
Five years later we are very proud to say that GlobalSportsJobs is now the leading specialist media and talent platform across Europe, The Middle East and Asia providing clients with the opportunity to engage directly with over 200,000 English, French, German and Mandarin speaking industry professionals from entry level to senior management across all functions and sectors of the industry.
Marketing Intern (Germany, Switzerland, Austria)
Marketing is at the heart of everything we do as a digital business. Our mission is to ensure that GlobalSportsJobs continues to be the platform of choice for all professionals, from graduate to senior management level, across all functions and sectors of business wanting to develop their career in the global sports industry.
This is achieved by ensuring our different language audiences have access through our bespoke language platforms to the latest insights and industry intelligence as well as the most comprehensive selection of high-quality career opportunities and advice to support their professional development.
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate with a strong interest in and knowledge of digital marketing and a passion for the sports industry, and will assist in the implementation of the marketing strategy for our German-language platform.
In the role you would be expected to:
- Assist the Marketing Executive (German-language platform) with the management and presentation of the German-language platform ensuring it is constantly relevant and up to date.
- Assist the Marketing Executive (German-language platform) in the execution of the German-language platform marketing strategy on a day-to-day basis.
- Monitor the success of both company and client email marketing campaigns.
- Conduct regular market and competitor analysis.
- Analyse performance of career opportunities advertised on the German-language platform.
- Assist with the development of marketing materials (copy and artwork) for the German-speaking market, including client presentations.
- Proof copy for publications, press releases and website updates.
- Create engaging content for the German-language social media channels.
- Assist in the compilation of weekly site analytics to monitor and build upon the consistent growth of the German-language website.
- Assist in the development of partnerships to optimise exposure of the GlobalSportsJobs brand and ensure delivery of any partnership obligations.
- Achieving candidate retention, acquisition, visitor and other defined business targets.
- Strengthening the quality of engagement with our multiple audiences.
- Maintaining the high quality and professional image of GlobalSportsJobs in all communications and dealings with all parties at all times.
To succeed in the role you will have:
- A good marketing degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
- You will have previous experience of digital marketing and a good working knowledge of social media and technology, and how best to use and develop these channels to serve and engage a wider audience in the German-language markets.
- An uncompromising attention to detail and a data-driven analytical approach.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively.
- A strong understanding of the digital landscape and the ability to learn quickly and be a quick adopter of new technologies.
- Common sense, initiative and the ability to take responsibility early in your internship.
- Ability to set and achieve clear personal objectives with strict deadlines.
- Written and spoken fluency in German and English is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for the business of sport.
You will be able to demonstrate:
A thorough understanding of the principles of digital marketing as well as the wider marketing mix.
Knowledge of social media and technology, and how best to use and develop these channels to serve and engage a wider audience.
GlobalSportsJobs recognises and rewards highly motivated individuals who understand that success is based on hard work and opportunity. Exceptional candidates will be offered a full-time permanent contract after their internship.
This position is London-based and requires a commitment of a minimum of 35 hours per week.
Please apply below including a covering letter explaining how you believe you meet our requirements.
GlobalSportsJobs is the leading specialist digital media and talent acquisition platform for the international sports industry, helping organisations across all sectors source a greater quality and diversity of talent.