|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
The sports industry and the role of digital
The sports industry is now a truly global business and is not only one of the most exciting and rapidly growing but also one of the most competitive. For sports organisations looking to sustain or accelerate their growth in both their local and international markets some (but not all!) already recognise the need to build a strong digital presence on a specialist platform to attract and engage a much wider and greater quality and diversity of talent both from within and outside of the industry.
For those in the know it is widely accepted that the traditional recruitment agency model no longer serves this need and is being replaced by a more cost-effective, more immediate and more far-reaching solution delivered through digital.
GlobalSportsJobs, despite the name, is not a recruitment company nor does it wish to be one, we did however set out to build a digital media and talent platform for the industry which would allow sports organisations around the world to create a digital presence and employment brand through our platforms to engage directly with an audience of professionals already working in the industry and an ever growing audience of those outside the industry, with the necessary skill sets, wishing to build a career in the industry.
Five years later we are very proud to say that GlobalSportsJobs is now the leading specialist media and talent platform across Europe, The Middle East and Asia providing clients with the opportunity to engage directly with over 200,000 English, French, German and Mandarin speaking industry professionals from entry level to senior management across all functions and sectors of the industry.
Marketing is at the heart of everything we do as a digital business. Our mission is to firstly ensure that GlobalSportsJobs is the platform of choice for all sports organisations looking to attract both a higher quality and diversity of talent whilst building their digital employment brand across the industry. Secondly, that GlobalSportsJobs is the primary destination for all professionals, from graduate to senior management level, across all functions and sectors of business around the world wanting to develop their career in the global sports industry.
This is achieved by ensuring our different B2B audiences (our clients) have access through our bespoke language platforms to an ever greater quality and diversity of industry professionals (our candidates) while at the same time those industry professionals have access through the same platforms to the latest insights and industry intelligence as well as the most comprehensive selection of high quality career opportunities and advice to support their professional development.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified and experienced marketing specialist with a track record of delivering effective international multi-language multi-channel B2B marketing campaigns in the digital media space. The candidate will be expected to exceed personal targets while helping the team achieve overall goals.
In the role you would be expected to:
- Improve the understanding of the needs of our existing and target B2B audiences around the world and the quality of data we hold on these organisations.
- Conduct appropriate market segmentation analysis based on various sector, regional, organisational and behavioural metrics.
- Develop and implement strong, multi-channel, multi-language B2B marketing campaigns to deliver against acquisition and retention targets across all our platforms.
- Manage the tracking and measurement of marketing campaigns and deliver reports of campaign results, including web analysis and evaluation of KPIs.
- Support the Business Development and Client Account Management teams in meeting their annual targets through the provision of impactful marketing collateral and effective programmes.
- Keep up to date with industry events, trends and improve the quality of information (market and otherwise) available to the Company and monitor and produce regular competitor analysis.
- Work with our clients to help them further enhance and strengthen their digital employment brands across our platforms.
- Better communicate our B2B proposition to the global sports industry.
- Contribute to the development of our B2B product and service offering through insights gained from a better understanding of the needs of our current and prospective B2B audience.
- Achieving defined quantitative and qualitative targets through B2B marketing initiatives.
- Creating high quality engagement with existing and prospective customer base.
- Maintaining the high quality and professional image of GlobalSportsJobs in all communications and dealings with external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role you must have:
- A good marketing degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
- 6-8 years of B2B marketing experience with a proven track record of working across all aspects of the marketing mix including successfully delivering multi-language, multi-channel marketing campaigns, ideally within the sports, media or B2B digital environments.
- Proven understanding of SEM, email, social media and display advertising campaign management.
- Demonstrable experience of successful CRM programme implementation and management.
- Knowledge of content scheduling systems with in-depth experience of campaign planning and budgeting.
- An uncompromising attention to detail and a data-driven analytical approach to business with commercial and financial acumen.
- Proven man-management experience within a fast-paced digital environment.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-level.
- A strong understanding of the digital landscape, ability to learn quickly and be a quick adopter of new technologies.
- Common sense, initiative and the ability to take full responsibility for and ownership of your brief.
- An understanding of the dynamics of the international sports industry and a strong desire to contribute to its increasing professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time and resource effectively.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Fluency in written and verbal English is a must. Fluency in one of French, German or Mandarin would also be highly desirable.
You will be able to demonstrate:
Successful delivery of multi-language, multi-channel B2B marketing campaigns, ideally within the sports, media or B2B digital environments.
An understanding of the importance of using specialist digital channels and employment branding in the new talent acquisition landscape.
A package commensurate with experience for the successful candidate.
Please apply below including a covering letter that details your current and expected salary together with how you believe you meet our requirements.
GlobalSportsJobs is the leading specialist digital media and talent acquisition platform for the international sports industry, helping organisations across all sectors source a greater quality and diversity of talent.