Social Media Content Executive
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
World Rugby is the world governing and law-making body for the sport of Rugby Union. It is responsible for the regulation and governance of Rugby and in addition organise a number of international tournaments and events including the Rugby World Cup and the World Rugby Sevens World Series.
World Rugby wishes to appoint a Social Media Content Executive within the Communications department based in Dublin, reporting to the Social Media Manager. The Social Media Content Executive will ensure that World Rugby is continually innovating to reach both existing and new fans across the globe in an increasingly competitive sports market.
Within an exciting portfolio of responsibilities, the successful candidate will integrate and execute the organisation’s content strategies for major events such as Rugby World Cup, men’s and women’s HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series sevens, Women’s Rugby World Cup and World Rugby U20 Championship. A leading role in delivering World Rugby’s day-to-day social media output will also be expected.
- Assist the social media manager with the delivery of content on all World Rugby, World Rugby Sevens and Rugby World Cup social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Vine, Snapchat, YouTube and Instagram
- Work closely with World Rugby’s video agencies to ensure comprehensive daily digital and social media coverage of the global game
- Work at or on specific events including World Rugby U20 Championship, Women’s Rugby World Cup and World Rugby Sevens Series
- Assist in development of World Rugby’s social media presence in emerging markets, including China and India
- Develop Rugby World Cup social media strategy to maximise reach in far east markets, working closely with JR 2019 organising committee
- Be World Rugby’s ears in social media, gauging sentiment and spotting trends and engagement opportunities as well as communicating these opportunities and threats to the social media manager and communications department.
- Assist in creation of tournament-specific social media campaigns to promote ticket sales, commercial activations and brand awareness
Job Holder Requirements
- Third level Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations.
- 3-5 years experience of managing complex social media platforms and campaigns in a sports environment
- Ability to assist in creative, engaging and original social media campaigns fully integrated with all digital channels
- A solid understanding of a wide variety of social media platforms
- Experience in written reporting from live sport events
- Use of third party social media monitoring tools
- Highly organised with the ability to work in a pressurised environment and meet strict deadlines, as well as being able to work independently
- Experience working within or dealing with multiple digital agencies
- Intermediate level Photoshop/Design skills
- Languages a distinct advantage (French, Spanish or Japanese)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Time management
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Passion for and extensive knowledge of rugby
Key Skills and Personal Attributes
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Trustworthy and organised
World Rugby is the world governing and law-making body for the sport of Rugby Union based in Dublin.