Full Job Description
General Motors’ leading brand Chevrolet is the shirt sponsor of Manchester United (MUFC). Jack Morton Worldwide as General Motors’ Agency of Record are looking to recruit an ambitious sports and events professional to assist in the activation of this sponsorship in market.
As the sponsorship manager you will work closely with our client’s Football Manager in market to create marketing programmes around the MUFC sponsorship. This will take the form of adapting global plans to incorporate local nuance and relevance, to working with the Account Director and the GM Football lead in Singapore to create engaging local activations.
You will be responsible for implementing and overseeing these activations from conception to execution and will need to work closely with the GM marketing and communications team in market, as well as liaising with suppliers, customers and other stakeholders as necessary. With a confident approach and positive outlook, you will deliver outstanding results on behalf of Jack Morton and our client General Motors.
- Build and maintain effective client relationships, ensuring that all the client’s needs are heard, understood and addressed in a timely manner
- Ensure clear communication to the client regarding roles and responsibilities, scope, budget, schedules and project status/action items
- Understand the client’s business and serve as a trusted advisor to drive effective solutions
What do you do, day to day?
- Working with the Account Director, manage the programme process from creative through execution using Jack Morton processes and tools.
- Ensure regular team meetings and manage communications between team members, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Overseeing delivery of local activations from conception to execution.
- Translate GMI and global initiatives to fit specific markets’ objectives and budgets
- Ensure all football projects / programmes are delivered on-time, on-budget and flawlessly.
- Work directly with each country/markets football leads to manage the planning and the execution of football initiatives
- Produce dealer and local market toolkits that support football initiatives in a timely manner
- Produce presentations for football related meetings
- Manage and track ticket & merchandise requests ensuring compliance with GM policies and standards and providing day to day liaison with GMI in Singapore and Global team
- Monitor and measure the results from the in market football activation
- Ensure country /market leads are fully apprised and updated on trends in the football and sponsorship categories
- Obtain approvals from GMI, Global Team, GM and/or teams and vendors when appropriate and necessary
- Participate in all football related calls/meetings with the Global, GMI and country/market teams
- Ensure that the activations meet objectives
- Participate in creative brainstorms to generate ideas for future activations
- Ensure that there is a measurement metric to every activation
- Manage project budget ensuring revenue of assigned scope / programme is captured
- Oversee coordination with all internal parties on invoices and vendor payments
- Oversee reconciliation of costs against budget
- Flawless delivery of client commitments, exceed client expectations.
- Have positive attitude to challenges, that inspires the client, the team and vendors
- Be seen as a creator of solutions and a valuable team member
- Relevant college degree eg: Marketing/Communications
- Understanding and experience of using sponsorship rights and benefits to create engaging and targeted activations
- Experience and understanding of sponsorship as part of the marketing mix preferably as it relates to sports.
- Strong project management, organisational and communication skills
- Experience in conceptualising, planning and executing activations within the auto and sports industry strongly preferred
- Experience in managing third party suppliers, negotiating costs and producing budgets
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders in marketing teams
- Relevant work visa and documentation for the specified country
- Willing to travel regionally
Salary based on experience
If you are interested in the role, please send a covering letter indicating your suitability and stating your current salary, together with your CV by the 30th September 2016.