Full Job Description
The Event Manager will plan and deliver events within IMG’s business, working closely with business units and subject matter experts. The role leads the implementation and servicing of a suite of IMG events, across tennis, golf, mass participation and lifestyle.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Management of events within the IMG|WME event portfolio
- Input into various event budgets and sub sectors of event budgets under the guidance of the Event Operations Director
- Support Event Operations Director in overall management of the general events team including leading and conducting regular staff / team meetings
- Regular meetings and calls with stakeholders
- Assist in the review and evaluation of new event opportunities
- Assist with the co-ordination and use of local preferred suppliers, working with the regional procurement manager and assist with and coordinate the supply chain
- Assist the Operations Director with global or regional consumer marketing, ticketing and yield management team to improve event revenue and efficiencies
- Liaise with exhibitors, suppliers and event stakeholders
- Assist with sponsorship sales, account management and servicing including but not limited to the attendance at sponsor procurement meetings, coordination of presentations and proposals and assist with the preparation of post event reports and surveys where required
- Contribute to and support the Event Marketing Coordinator with event marketing plans
- Coordinate and manage temporary event staff rosters for the casual labor force
- Implement safety and risk management planning
- Prepare and implement OHS event safety inductions
- Oversee and conduct all matters relating to emergency management including liaison with respective government agencies such as but not limited to Public Transport Victoria, VicRoads, Victoria Police, Ambulance Victoria and Metropolitan Fire Brigade.
- Liaise with and assist the internal events team including the Event, Tournament and Course Directors, Elite Athlete Manager, PR agency personnel, volunteer managers and media partners as required.
- Oversee and deliver Traffic Management Plans as required for each event, including communication of these with all relevant authorities.
- Liaise with all levels of government to obtain the necessary and required permits for all events, including but not limited to POPE applications, Event Applications, Occupancy permits, building permits etc
- Apply for the necessaty Heritage applications where applicable
- Liaise with and advise PTV or relevant authority of event notifications.
- At times, the Senior Event Manager will be allocated to lead a particular project / event as advised by the Event Operations Director
Unusual challenges or circumstances
- Occasional long/unusual working hours required during events Building client relationships at after office-hour occasions
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years experience in the event operations, preferably in the sports and entertainment industry
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing stakeholder requirements
- Strong understanding of brand marketing, communications and ticketing
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication / presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Contract management experience
- Demonstrated planning and follow-through capabilities
- Computer literacy for copy writing for presentations, spreadsheets, budgets and marketing reports
- Multi-tasking with exceptional organisation and high attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with CAD and Adobe Creative Cloud is desirable