Social Media Analyst
|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
Eurosport, the Discovery-owned sports broadcaster, connects fans and athletes around the greatest sports events. Its channels, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2 and Eurosportnews, reach 249 million cumulative subscribers across 99 countries in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East.
Eurosport.com is Europe’s No.1 online sports news website with up to 23 million visitors each month.
Eurosport Player is an all-access pass to the greatest events on the calendar, available anytime and on any device in 52 countries.
Eurosport Events specialises in the management and promotion of international sporting events.
Eurosport is searching for a Social Media Analyst, to help accelerate the Eurosport activity on social media.
The Social Media Analyst will analyse social media data to generate and share relevant insights for content teams (Digital and TV) across Eurosport, to improve content strategy and social media programming. The job is based at Eurosport’s headquarters in Paris.
Eurosport Social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat) gather more than 10M fans.
Reporting to the Social Media manager, the main duties involve:
- Gather and analyse social data -with a focus on Facebook- to influence content strategy
- Set-up relevant KPI and tools to track and monitor them.
- Work closely with content teams (editors of Eurosport.com and Eurosport Broadcast teams, Community managers of Eurosport social media accounts) to support them with relevant analysis and recommendations.
- Analyse posts and campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media strategy.
- Follow carefully trends and news from the industry (facebook algoritm change, competitors best practices…) and generate recommendations accordingly.
- Manage requests from teams (digital, sales, marketing) across the company
- Build relevant reports that provide concrete insights, mostly for content teams.
- You live on social media and have a strong knowledge of internet culture.
- You are a big fan of sport
- You are focused on detail
- You have previous experience working on social media data and analytics
- You have the ability to think editorially and analytically
Eurosport is today Europe's leading sports entertainment group. Eurosport is broadcast in 20 languages reaching 120 million homes and 240 million viewers across 59 countries.