Full Job Description
- To be accountable for the development of a strategy and policy for performance at the elite level of the Scottish game to create a winning climate and culture with World class players.
- To be accountable for the performance of the Scottish F.A.’s elite football programmes and the development of the strategy and philosophy of the “Scottish style of play” at the elite level.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee and lead the performance systems and infrastructure to create a winning climate and culture with world class players.
- Contribute to the creation of a “Scottish style of play” to be emulated at all “age levels” of national representation.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the respective Head Coaches, for all men’s national representative football at all age levels represented including U21, U19, U17 and U16.
- Oversee through the Women’s National “A” team coach all women’s national representative football at all age levels represented including U19, U17 and U16.
- Work with the respective Head Coaches on a “coach the coach” basis to ensure that the performance strategy is enshrined at all “age levels” of the game.
- In conjunction with the respective Head Coaches and, where relevant, the Women’s National “A” team coach, Manage and coordinate the men’s and women’s football programmes to enable them to achieve the best possible results in relevant UEFA and FIFA competitions.
- Oversee the recruitment of all board approved key football personnel, including coaching staff.
- In conjunction with the Performance Operations Manager and the Head of Youth development, oversee the development of the appropriate infrastructure for the long term development of elite youth football in Scotland thereby building a pipeline for future sustainable success on the pitch.
- Work with the Head of Youth Development to ensure that the Performance School structure is delivered in line with the overall performance strategy.
- Liaise with the Head Coaches, professional clubs and players’ agents over issues related to player contracts, release for international competition and general issues in relation to performance strategy of the Scottish FA.
- Assist the Performance Operations Manager in the continuous professional development of all departmental staff.
- Establish excellent relationships with the coaching and support staff of all programmes and with the President, Chief Executive, and Board of the Scottish F.A.
- Develop and gain Board approval for the overall approach and policy for youth development and ensure its effective implementation and, to advise the Board on all matters relating to the effective development of elite football at all levels in the long term interests of Scottish Football.
- Develop and maintain a successful image and profile for the Scottish F.A. and Scotland teams both in the UK and worldwide and to contribute to communication activity including media briefings and publicity of performance activity within the sport.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested from time to time.