Business Intelligence Manager
|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Strategy & Research|
Eurosport, the Discovery-owned sports broadcaster, connects fans and athletes around the greatest sports events. Its channels, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2 and Eurosportnews, reach 249 million cumulative subscribers across 99 countries in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East.
The Brand Solutions & Revenue Management department supports the international ad sales teams, spread throughout the world, to sell all platforms (TV-Web-Mobile) advertising space. It regroups three teams: Brand Partnerships, Revenue Management and Business Intelligence. Being at the heart of the sales process, the ultimate objective of this middle office department is to optimize the global Ad Revenue.
The Business Intelligence team fuels the growth of advertising sales revenues worldwide through best in class market research services and support, focuses its effort on identifying and analysing market trends, in order to:
- Support the Ad Sales teams on a day-to-day basis to secure deals;
- Provide the Department with insights to help Brand Partnerships developing innovative sales products and relevant bespoke solutions.
Reporting directly to the Head of Business Intelligence, the BI Manager will be assigned to one or several ad sales teams based in Europe and/or Asia. Being the main point of contact for Sales people, he or she will have to:
- Ensure the very best trade marketing service to Sales clients, handling Sales requests from initial brief to material delivery.
- Analyse Pan European advertising activity to identify potential new business opportunities.
- Feed Brand Partnerships and Sales with relevant information on new products, launches, data, ad format, etc. (desk research, newsletters, press releases, conferences ...) and identify market trends in the media, advertising and sport worlds.
- Develop in-depth sector, events and audience analysis through existing Eurosport tools (syndicated and proprietary surveys, audience data…).
- Create and maintain up-to-date intelligence on competitors.
- Liaise with Corporate Marketing and Research & Insights teams.
- Participate in cross-department research initiatives.
- Face clients and agencies in meetings, represent the company externally.
- Contribute to effective information sharing among the teams.
- Participate in regular internal sales and marketing meetings.
- Sharing best practices and working closely with the Head of BI, other BI managers and BI assistant.
- At least 4 to 5 years of working experience with international brands, in the field of advertising and/or media (advertiser, media buyers, sales house…) ; the ideal candidate will have marketing / research experiences both in a national TV network and an international broadcaster.
- Being a TV audience data expert is a pre-requisite ; must be comfortable with numbers in general
- Be an analytical person, with a creative approach. Rigorous, reliable & flexible, you’re organised and have a methodical approach to work.
- Strong knowledge of the media industry, in particular TV and Digital platforms, and how brands use them in their communication/marketing plans.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and on international brands.
- Being part of a team serving internal clients, the candidate will have to be very solutions oriented, pro-active, abilities to work in a fast paced environment, available and with a prominent entrepreneurial mind-set.
- The position requires a strong attention to details as well as abilities to innovate, convince, help, compromise and to have fun!
- You hold a master degree in Sales Marketing acquired in Business School, or an analytical equivalent and are fluent in English and French (writing and verbal).
- You are mastering Office softwares (Powerpoint / Excel) and ideally have good skills in Photoshop.
- You are a sports enthusiast and a team player.
Eurosport is today Europe's leading sports entertainment group. Eurosport is broadcast in 20 languages reaching 120 million homes and 240 million viewers across 59 countries.