Head of Content
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching, Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Marketing & Communications, Brand Communications|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Salary||USD6,000 - USD8,000 per month|
The Head of Content is responsible for the conceptualizing, directing and editing of all content – be that print or digital – which is produced by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC). This position calls for excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good writing and interview skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as external counterparts and guests.
- The Head of Content reports to the Director of Communications and is responsible for providing daily editorial and writing assistance for the Department and the AFC as a whole.
- The Head of Content and/or the Director of Communication may delegate some of his/her responsibilities to the other members of the editorial team when necessary to the benefit of the work.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Head of Content
The Head of Content’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- To ensure the daily tone and output on the AFC’s various digital platforms is in line with both the Confederation’s Vision and Mission statement and previous content.
- To actively source, delegate and edit English articles relating to – amongst other – AFC competitions, Asian football as a whole and news relating to AFC Departments.
- To liaise with the Social Media manager to ensure a vibrant and far reaching Social Media policy is being implemented.
- To liaise with third party content provider to ensure a reliable and timely delivery of written content and images.
- To attend the meetings of various AFC Departments.
- To assist in website coverage of regular AFC Committee Meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent command of the English language and any other languages.
- Firm grasp of journalism writing and editing style.
- Good organizational, communication and interviewing skills.
- Good time-management skills
- To be IT literate at least with word processing but preferably with rather wider skills to include spreadsheets and use of a range of programs such as graphics.
Expectation from the Administration:
- The head of Content directs the activities of several staff within the Communications Editorial team.
- The Head of Content must process a high level of teamwork in accomplishing the responsibilities of the position.
- The variety of tasks makes it necessary for the person in this position to know how to use the appropriate guideline(s) for the circumstance(s).
Difficulty and Complexity:
- This position requires a high degree of professionalism and an ability to interact with a variety of entities and individuals.
Asian Football Confederation
About AFC The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) is the governing body of Asian football and one of the six Confederations making up FIFA. Formed in 1954 in Manila, Philippines, the AFC is now headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and consists...