Business Development Manager
Overall Purpose of the Job
This role involves the development and implementation of a commercial sales strategy, driving income from the sale and/or sponsorship of Scottish FA assets, programmes and properties. This will require the management of a clear asset architecture, commercial sales plan and (via the Company Secretary) the completion of legal documentation. The Business Development Manager will also be responsible for the development and management of the Scottish FA Business Club and for the maintenance of on-going positive relationships with members.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a clear asset architecture of all Scottish FA programmes, properties and products, identifying portfolio gaps where appropriate.
- Develop and implement a commercial sales strategy, packaging and targeting asset inventory against appropriate businesses and/or individuals for sales and/or sponsorship.
- Work closely with the Commercial Director to create and implement a clear strategy behind recruiting corporate partners in line with the Commercial Department’s annual targets.
- Implement a dynamic, focussed sales planning process which achieves the Commercial department’s annual income objectives from new business.
- Design and present proposals to potential new commercial partners which are tailored to meet their individual requirements and based on a strong understanding of their business or brand objectives.
- Working with the Commercial Director and the Scottish FA Legal Department, manage the drafting of sponsorship contract renewals and new contracts.
- Lead and manage the overall operations of the Scottish FA Business Club in order to increase membership, maintain relationships and enhance the Scottish FA’s reputation within the corporate environment
- Proactively communicate the Scottish FA’s commercial and brand vision to the business community and raise a positive profile of the organisation externally.
- Assume people management responsibilities for the Business Development Executive ensuring their objectives are in line with departmental strategy
- Working with current or new sponsors proactively explore and develop new opportunities to maximise commercial revenues for both the sponsor and the Scottish FA
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Commercial Director commensurate with the role.
- Proven experience of working in a sales/commercial environment at management level
- Proven experience with contracts negotiation and management in conjunction with in-house legal support
- Proven experience with leading and/or supporting the process of formulating, presenting, negotiating and closing high value B2B partnership deals
- A thorough understanding of brand dynamics and consumer trends.
- Working knowledge of social media
- Sound experience of managing budgets
- Experience in a sports sponsorship and/or partnership environment
- An understanding of Football Structures in Scotland
Qualifications & Training
- Educated to Highers level or equivalent in English and Maths
- Degree level or equivalent in Business Management
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to think strategically and understand operational detail
- Excellent analytical, reporting and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Fully competent in MS Office
- Resilient, dynamic and respectful in approaching new commercial partners for the Scottish FA
- Confident, adapts communication and influencing style to gain commitment and buy in.
- Demonstrates energy and drive in achieving high personal and team performance
- An approachable and receptive style to managing people and challenges
- Capable of fostering positive relationships at all levels
- Demonstrates good judgement in aligning decisions to organisational objectives
- Trustworthy, acts with professionalism and integrity at all times
- Takes ownership, is accountable to deliver timely solutions, meet deadlines and complete actions
Additional Related Requirements
- Driving licence
- Due to the nature of the role, flexibility is required with regards to working in the evenings and at weekends
- Competitive salary and benefits
Your application will not be accepted unless you complete the application and diversity form and send it to email@example.com