IPC Broadcast Manager
This job has now expired
Full Job Description
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games, and serves as the International Federation for nine sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with a disability from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Broadcasting Manager at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
Tasks and responsibilities
- support the Commercial & Marketing Director in implementing the IPC broadcast strategy and in overseeing the broadcast production at relevant IPC events,
- implement all broadcast-related contractual and commercial matters,
- liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders (incl. Organizing Committees, broadcasters and host broadcaster),
- advise rights holders on a full exploitation of Paralympic sport rights and content across all platforms while identifying new opportunities to further develop the value of rights,
- support National Paralympic Committees in building strong relationships with their rights holders by efficiently providing information and best practices,
- collaborate with host broadcasters for IPC events to ensure the implementation of broadcast and production-related planning, policies and contractual procedures,
- collate information for internal and external communication and knowledge exchange,
- manage the relationship with IPC’s broadcast research provider to ensure accuracy and timely delivery of research data, and
- liaise with the archive host to exploit its content and develop its accessibility for clients.
You will be reporting to the IPC Commercial & Marketing Director.
- have a good understanding of the sports broadcasting industry, the opportunities offered by different platforms and the multi-media environment,
- have genuine interest in broadcast and production operations,
- have working experience in sports rights management, covering both verbal and written negotiations (a proven ability to service a partnership is a plus),
- have basic working knowledge in current broadcast technologies and IT systems,
- have excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to prioritize,
- be service-minded and have excellent interpersonal skills to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of key contacts,
- be able to use the initiative as well as anticipate problems and needs of clients while presenting precise ideas,
- have a keen eye for detail with the ability to ensure the highest standards of accuracy, particularly under pressure of tight deadlines,
- be efficient and flexible, and
- have excellent verbal and written English language skills and the capacity to draft, review and discuss contractual documents.
If you are interested and your qualifications meet our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English via the ‘Apply Now’ button, stating the earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give precise figures in Euro), by 4th March 2013 to:
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
We especially encourage individuals with a disability to apply.