IPC Public Relations and Campaigns Manager
|Sector||Events & Operations, Planning & Strategy|
|Function||Events & Operations, Planning & Strategy|
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games, and serves as the International Federation for nine sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Public Relations and Campaigns Manager at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting on 01 April 2013.
Tasks and responsibilities
· work in partnership with the managers of the nine IPC sports to understand their PR requirements and then develop and implement creative and strategic annual PR plans which raise the global profile of each sport and its leading athletes to a wider media audience,
· work closely with Local Organising Committees of World and regional Championships to implement PR campaigns to raise the profile of the events,
· provide press office support to the nine IPC sports outside of the Paralympic Games,
· act as spokesperson for some of the IPC sports during the Paralympic Games,
· be responsible for co-ordinating PR activities of the Agitos Foundation,
· ensure all PR activities dovetail with the IPC’s four year media and communications strategy in the lead-up to Rio 2016.
You will be reporting to the IPC Media and Communications Director.
· have a university degree in Public Relations, Media, Communications or a related field,
· have at least four/five years of work experience in PR (experience in a sport organisation is a plus) and be confident with dealing with the media,
· have excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook),
· have excellent verbal and written command in English (knowledge in other languages is a plus),
· be flexible and able to travel frequently,
· feel comfortable working in a multi-cultural and relaxed, but sometimes stressful, environment,
· have excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines,
· be able to operate with limited supervision and multitask in a fast changing environment.
If you are interested and your qualifications meet our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English via the Apply button, stating the earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give precise figures in Euro), by 31 January 2013 to:
We especially encourage individuals with a disability to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
As one of the largest sports organisations in the world, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the international umbrella organisation of sport for athletes with an impairment.