This job is no longer available
Full Job Description
High Performance Director
The High Performance Director will be responsible for the development and delivery of the High Performance Strategy on behalf of the Football Association of Ireland, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
The successful candidate will play a significant role in maximising the potential of Ireland’s elite players and coaches to produce a consistent supply of better quality players for the senior international teams over the long term.
• Development of appropriate strategies and policies for High Performance working closely with the Association’s Grassroots, Competitions, and International Departments and other appropriate stakeholders
• Responsibility for the business management of the High Performance Department with emphasis on budgetary control and people management together with contribution to the overall business goals of the Association
• Implement innovative and results focused High Performance systems and programmes in player development and coach education
• Lead tutor for UEFA Pro, ‘A’ License, and CPD by implementing best practice philosophy in coach education
• Review bi-annually all coach education content and delivery to ensure it is benchmarked against leading countries in coach education
• Provide professional guidance including seminars for all strands of the professional and amateur game
• Lead and manage all underage and women’s International managers and backroom staff and develop and implement the annual International Underage & Women’s programme within budget.
• Coordinate scouting network structures and processes to meet the needs of identifying potential Irish players.
• Responsible for player development courses such as Emerging Talent & FAS programmes and the provision of medical and technical analysis resources within the organisation.
• To contribute fully to the strategic development of the organisation as a whole in full co-operation with other members of the Senior Management Team under the leadership of the Chief Executive Officer.
• Represent where necessary, the Association at UEFA, FIFA and at key events
• Maximum funding activities for the development of the Association
This position will involve a maximum 25% of time for of International travel including attendance at UEFA conferences and competitive matches (Qualifying matches, Elite phases & final tournaments).
• The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the development and implementation of High Performance Systems.
• Together with an excellent network in the International community, who can think strategically together with being an outstanding influencer, communicator, team player and leader.
• Possession of a UEFA ‘Pro’ Licence coaching qualification and equivalent ‘Pro’ License Tutor qualification is essential.
• Previous experience of working in a corporate environment at a Senior Management level with budgetary is desirable. An understanding of the landscape of football and the structures that exist within Ireland.
A competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.