Established in 1898, London Irish became a professional rugby club in 1996. There have been many developments over the years, including a move out to Madejski Stadium where London Irish now play all their home matches, but it is The Avenue that the Exiles find their spirtual home.
Over the decades the property has been developed to provide playing, training, administration and hospitality facilities that befit the club's status among the leading clubs not just in England but also in Europe.
Today the Avenue provides not only the administration and training headquarters for the professional squad, it is also the base for the London Irish England Rugby Academy and the Amateur Club.
The facilities include four pitches. The main pitch is used for training by the professional squad and for games by the development team and the 'Wild Geese', the top team in the Amateur Club.
On Sunday mornings during the season, the Avenue resounds to the noise of up to 400 mini-rugby players and coaches that take over the grounds for training and matches.