The Role of Marketing Education in Your Sports Industry Career
It is universally acknowledged that sport is the most global of social phenomena, impacting the lives of billions of people. In particular during the last few years, the economic and financial dimensions of sport are rapidly growing, along with their management complexity.
The International Summer School in Sport Marketing Management 2015 is an opportunity to improve your knowledge, skills and network under the guidance of an exclusive group of mentors, who will guide you through the current state and future of the industry.
The ISS in Sport Marketing is supported by prestigious academic and sports industry partners and attracts a wide range of attendants from a broad range of backgrounds: universities, sporting organizations, rights holders, media and professional services.
The ISS consists of full-time modules over two weeks, presented in the English language and covering the following core areas: introduction to the exciting and fast-growing sports industry; management skills and industry knowledge; raising your professional profile; preparation for further education programmes; exchanging ideas and experience at the international level and networking opportunities.
After completing the ISS, participants will have: acquired up-to-date information on the economic, marketing, sales and communications elements of sport in the modern world; developed and improved management skills required for many jobs in the sports industry; grasped the essentials of the business frameworks within which sport executives operate; learned the basic skills of sports business management; become aware of ethical issues and cultural diversity in sport and networked with sports industry professionals.
All thanks to a world-class speakers such as:
- Richard Ayers, Founder & CEO, Seven League
- Marco Baldi, President, Alba Berlin Basketballteam
- Andrea Bassani, TV & Media Director, Euroleague Basketball
- Paolo Bedin, MD, Lega Calcio Serie B
- Peter Bratschi, Founder, Albri International Advisory and Past VP, Marketing, IOC
- Federico Fantini, MD, Master SBS
- Toon Gerbrands, CEO, PSV Eindhoven Football Club
- Maurizio Gherardini, General Manager, Fenerbahce Basketball
- Will Lloyd, Founder and Chairman, GlobalSportsJobs.com
- Marco Nazzari, CEO, Repucom Italy
- Tom Pistore, VP, Corporate Sales, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment
- Phil Savage, Director, Sport Business Communications
- Pedro Sequeira Ribeiro, Sport Events & Management Senior Advisor
- Giancarlo Sergi, Founder & CEO, Sinergi and WISE Lausanne
- Michael Tapiro, President, Sports Management School, EDC Paris
- Jacopo Tognon, Arbitrator, TAS/CAS Lausanne and Lecturer in EU Sport Policies, University of Padua.
NOT ONLY STUDY - ALL AROUND ISS
The International Summer School in Sport Marketing (ISS) is a great opportunity to combine your summer time with a highly qualified and intensive advanced education programme in sport management.
The ISS will be delivered at the Sport Center of La Ghirada, the multifunctional Campus in Treviso/Venice, owned by the Benetton Group, which is close extraordinary destinations where you can spend an unforgettable “sport & education” summer experience: Venice and the Veneto Region.
Veneto is a region with thousands of opportunities: Venice and the other cities of arts, the Dolomites - UNESCO Heritage and Garda Lake, the largest in Italy. All these destinations are within few kilometers from the ISS Campus and will make your time on the course unforgettable.
No other destination in the world is able to offer such an extraordinary scene for an advanced education programme in sport marketing management.
DISCOVER ISS 2015
The International Summer School (ISS) in Sport Marketing Management is a brand new advanced education course that will be held this summer at the Campus of La Ghirada, Treviso/Venice from the 27th of July to the 7th of August.
The course is produced by Master SBS, a MBA in Sports, delivered by the University of Venice and the Benetton Group since 2005 and ranked among the Top 25 Global MBAs in Sport.
The sports industry is constantly changing and it is easy to get out of touch. Programmes like the International Summer School are the perfect opportunity to bring skills up to date, cross pollinate ideas from other markets and to extend your network of like-minded professionals.
Click here for further information and to secure your place on the course today.
Date published: 10 June 2015