Firstly, rest assured that everyone has bad days, but while your motivation fluctuates your commitment to your goals should stay constant.
Try these 10 tips to regain your motivational mojo:
1. Have a ‘high definition’ vision of what you want to achieve – clarity of what success will look like helps you to say NO to distractions.
2. Break down your goal into short term targets, HUGE challenges create paralysis but small steps create momentum.
3. Look back at how far you have come, take a moment to see your progress to this point.
4. Create your own dream team by surround yourself with positive, driven and helpful people who will support and challenge you to get to your goals. Don’t be shy, they will enjoy helping you but don’t just pick mates who will support your excuses.
5. Think abundance, if you believe opportunities are scarce, you will become desperate and selfish which will isolate you and won’t deliver your goals.
6. Get some perspective - there will always be people in a worse situation, it’s how you move forward that counts. You always learn most about people in adversity.
7. Remember WHY you started…… reconnect to your purpose whether it’s entertaining a crowd, helping others or providing for your family.
8. Don’t be afraid of failing, making mistakes is part of learning, just fail small, fail fast and fail towards your goal.
9. Focus on maximising your strengths, they energise you and will deliver huge returns.
10. Speak to yourself like a friend rather than having a destructive bully in your head telling you that you can’t do it - that voice is trying to keep you safe - and safe means no fun!
Reading blogs and articles is great for inspiration but you will only feel satisfied when you start to take action…
What WILL you do NOW to start to create the momentum you need?
Are you ready to raise your game? Utilise this unique discount for the GlobalSportsJobs network to build the mindset of a champion in partnership with Sporting Edge and their new digital coaching programme called ‘The Winning Mindset’.
''The Winning Mindset’’ Programme takes you inside the mind of champions and has been designed to equip you with the essential mental skills needed to succeed. The programme has been developed as a quick and flexible online programme containing five-minute exclusive video insights designed to make you more confident and more effective in your thinking within the business or sport.
We are able to offer our network 20% off the programme which features 30 days of expert video insights from some of the world’s top coaches, neuroscientists and thought leaders.
Find out more about the programme and claim your 20% discount using the code: 'HIP20' in the shopping basket.
Sporting Edge is a high-performance consultancy which solves business challenges using the winning mindset from sport. Having worked with and interviewed many of the world’s leading sports leaders and teams, Sporting Edge has created a game changing digital library of insights to inspire and educate businesses and industry professionals on the requirements needed to achieve success in business through performance.
Find out more about the services Sporting Edge offers to help you and your organisation click here.